Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Snippets

Things are overall going well. Quickie updates on a few things:

As I pack up more of our things into boxes, A has started stimming a whole lot more often and for longer periods, because his routine has been disrupted (even how the room is arranged is a routine to him, so if we change the room around it screws him up for a few days). His Occupational Therapist suggested a few more vigorous activities for him to refocus a bit. This means a lot of jumping and running in the house and outside over the next few weeks, but I can always use the extra exercise.

Speaking of exercise, I haven't been able to do any for the last two weeks due to an injury to the tendons on the inside of my lower leg. I'd been going out five or six days a week for some time now, until this. All I know is that I was running (and doing quite well for an out-of-shape lady, making a mile in just under 9 minutes one day, the second mile took me almost 12 though) and then I felt a burny tearing sensation, and that was all she wrote. Yes, I stretched first (always), I get that question a lot. I can walk fairly normally, although stairs have been a challenge. By the end of the week, we'll give it a whirl with some walking to see how it does; I think I'll wait on running again until next week. I managed to wear heels to church on Sunday, so I definitely think I'm nearly mended.

K has discovered she can not only strip out of her own clothing, but she can put on mommy's stuff. Unfortunately, she has a penchant for mommy's unmentionables and her shoes, so we've had some REALLY interesting combinations and subsequent photos. Which will not be posted, even though they really are quite hilarious, sorry. I think my favorite is the one where she's wearing my bottoms as a unitard (under the legs in the right place, but the sides are up over her shoulders). Oh, the photos we have to show her future intended. Heh.

The house....well....we have had several appointments as far as requirements for closing go, and they have gone well. The only small thing niggling at me is we don't have that all important piece of paper from our mortgage company yet. We were pre-approved, and received all the disclosure statements from the backer on Saturday, but we don't actually have that piece of paper in our possession just yet. And we are supposed to close on the 23rd.....that is being backed up to at least the 31st I think.

Plus, we still have to give 30 days notice here in the place we are currently renting. Wisely, Z has not done so yet. These houses maintain quite the lengthy waiting list, and if we give notice, we absolutely have to get out in the allotted time regardless of whether we already have a place to live or not, there are no extensions given. This means we are going to have nearly a month's overlap to pay rent in two places, instead of 7 days. Eschk.

What are those John Lennon lyrics? "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans?", from .... oh, shoot. Beautiful Boy? I have a brain fart and can't remember if that's the title or not, but that's part of the words. "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy...."

*sigh*

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: