Monday, March 3, 2008

Leap Day

On Friday, February 29th, we:

~ signed for the new house and got the keys. It's OURS!

~ were mostly recovered from the stomach bug (K started us off on Tues, A and Z started on Weds, and I started late Weds night/early Thurs a.m....everyone else mended pretty quickly, but as of Sunday I was still dragging)

~ were NOT PACKED because everyone was sick the week prior

~ bought some things online for the new house and got to type in our new address : )

~ went to get Meyer a new tank, because his 10-gallon just ain't cutting it any more. He'll need between a 40 and 45 gallon when he's full-grown, so we went ahead and bought a 55 gallon so we can put in an algae eater or two. Oscars leave pleco's alone if they're big enough, and Oreck is about as long as my hand from palm to fingertips. I think they'll be fine in the new tank. Oreck may enjoy not dealing with the goldfish, actually....

~ had a freak out because we weren't packed at all (OK, so that was me, but I think I have good reason....we get the truck on Friday the 7th, and Z is working 15 hour days Sunday through Wednesday. By default, that means that I'M the one that has to get most of it done.)

So, as you can see, February 29th was a pretty good day this year, and aptly named. Whether it was for joy or out of frustration, it really was a Leap Day.

No comments: