Monday, February 15, 2010

Left Field

We've had a bunch of things come out of left field over the last couple of weeks, rendering my blogging time nil.

The first dog, our Siberian Husky, had a nasty reaction to some medication and nearly died. We were discussing humane ways to put him down, it came to that. But he's fine now and stopped sending blood out both ends. He felt well enough to romp through the snow that's been falling.

Speaking of snow, that's the second thing we hadn't counted on. In a week's time, we received 3 inches shy of 4 FEET of snow! Our yard looks awesome, the kids are loving it (all the more so for being out of school for nearly 2 weeks), and my arms and legs are sore from shoveling our driveway. We don't own a snow blower, unless you count me huffing and puffing while I dig out with the shovel. Our driveway is 3 cars wide (which we did NOT clear all the way across), and goes past and behind our house to the garage. We also have sadistic snowplow drivers who come down the highway just when I'm finishing up the last bits, and leave me with another furrow to shovel out.

And it started snowing again today. We're not supposed to get much this time, though, and school is supposed to be back in session tomorrow. I hope so; I don't imagine anyone (teachers included) want to be in school in July.

The third thing that happened is that we are no longer employed. Anywhere, as of a week ago. So the hunting for a job begins, for both of us. The good thing is, we're pretty much taken care of through March -- we had finally gotten caught up from getting behind due to tenants, moving, and life, and paid some things in advance for some strange reason.

Ah, yes, and I finally caved and tried out that Facebook thingie. Just in time for them to make the format "new and improved" once I'd figured a few things out -- so finding 5 minutes here and there for that has made me neglect this blog, in between job hunting.

I'm hoping we're done with left field now, and can move to a place with a little more regular, normal action.

No comments: