Friday, February 1, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

This:



Plus this:



Equals this:



While I was doing dishes this morning, K decided to feed the fish. Meyer's tank is right in front of where the sink is (we have an open floor plan between the kitchen, dining, and living rooms), and I saw her head poke up over the top of the island, at about eye-level with me. The only way she could do that is if she was standing on the couch to get to our Oscar's tank, which is on the table behind the couch. I had just enough time to get the "Nnnnnn-!!" part out of the word "no" before she'd dumped Cheerios in the top hatch of the aquarium saying, "There you go fishy." She had eaten all she was going to eat out of her (dry) bowl of Cheerios, and decided she needed to share. I will say, she was certainly proud of herself for "hep-in mommy?"

*sigh*

Apparently Meyer loves him some whole grain goodness, because he scarfed quite a few before I could extricate the soggy remnants with a net (due to packing, I had to figure out where in tarnation the thing had gotten put). Apparently the filter does not like whole grain goodness, judging by the grinding sounds it started making. But it's been duly rinsed and sounds normal again...

Happy Friday!

No comments: