Thursday, April 3, 2008

Upcoming BBQ Event



This is our Oscar, Mayer. Oscars are in the same family as piranhas, and some have teeth. Mayer has teeth. He's also about 11 inches long, and his teeth are proportionate to his over-all size.

My kids love to feed the fish, especially the goldfish. We put the food into the lid of the food container to minimize spillage on the floor, and to speed up the process. A was helping me feed Mayer this morning, and was being a little slow about dumping the food into the tank. My hand was resting on top of the aquarium as I encouraged my son to hurry up. Alas, it wasn't fast enough for our fish, who leapt up out of the tank to bite my pinkie finger on my right hand. The remaining food in the lid hit the ceiling as I jerked my hand back.

I have already informed my husband that the kids will not be feeding Mayer again, and if the (censored) fish draws blood again, he's getting grilled. My husband's response was laughter, the kind that gets you out of breath.

To borrow a phrase from Queen Victoria, "We are not amused."

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: