Friday, January 23, 2009

Happiness for A Buck

I keep hearing people say that a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to. While this may be true, one dollar has given immense pleasure to my little girl.

I found a pink dress-up skirt in the dollar bin at Target -- I snagged it. It had Miss K's name all over it: two different pinks, sparklies, and enough material to be "froofroo" girly.

Sure enough, the next morning when I gave it to her, she LOVED it. K promptly dubbed it her "ballerina skirt" and has worn it pretty much non-stop now for the last two weeks. And I do mean non-stop. We wear it to the bus stop to drop off and pick up big brother...much to the amusement of the other mothers and the drivers on the road that pass us. We wear it to the store....we wear it to sleep in...the only thing we can't do it take a bath in it or wear it to church, but K would do it in a heartbeat if we'd let her.

She is also getting plenty of exercise, because she is dancing through the house. She solemnly informed her daddy the other day, "I don't know what it is....but I have just got...to...dance!" And started jumping and twirling around, smiling so big I thought her cheeks were going to pop off.

Here she is, with the $1 skirt, over her jammies:

Pensive:


Dancing for joy after a busy morning of rearranging all the movies in the entertainment center:


And, cheesing it:

1 comment:

John and Dana said...

That is too cute! I love the dollar bins at Target. I get little "you were a good girl today" presents there for Savannah sometimes. She often loves them more than her expensive toys!! (especially the hello kitty stuff)