Monday, January 12, 2009

A Plug for Polly

Z and I are very fond of Polly Jones' artwork. Polly was a member of a church we attended some years ago, and we purchased a piece of her artwork shortly after Z and I got married. My family has since moved to Maryland, and she and her husband (who is also an outstanding artist) have moved to TX -- but she has a site on Etsy.com where she puts her fabulous pieces up for sale.

Please note that I am not an art critic, neither do I have a good working knowledge of the art world's lingo. This is just something that I like and wanted to share it with the rest of you, in my own words.

Polly specializes in contemporary still life paintings. She uses a variety of media, techniques, and subjects -- but all of her pieces are unique and fantastic. I like her extravagant use of vibrant colors. I also personally really enjoy her works that employ water and how it refracts and alters the appearance of ordinary objects -- and she seems to like to use water in a lot of her projects. Some of her works are subtly 3-Dimensional, adding visual punch to already beautiful pieces.

Here is the first piece that Z and I bought from her, a while ago (the tan around the edges is from the wall, not the painting):



And this is the second piece that we will acquire in March (it's already paid for):



I have had her site posted on one of my sidebars for some time now. If you haven't already done so, I encourage you to check out her Etsy store here: PollyPainting

No comments: