Thursday, January 15, 2009

Morning Surprise!

We have had quite the morning of surprises today.

First, it snowed enough that all the schools were closed. Snow Day! When I was out early this morning, I noticed that the car tires had left interesting tracks over our rocky driveway. This looks like a floor from a childhood home in Florida; tile with bits of other stuff thrown in, minus the ridges of course.



Unfortunately for my son, he is not going to be able to enjoy it because he started having a stomach bug in the wee hours of the morning....which I didn't realize until he came into my room, upset, and climbed into my bed under the covers with me. I sleepily reached out to give him a hug and snuggle with him and woke up in a hurry. Yuck. Gotta love mothers; no one else would touch throw-up, poo poo panties, or places where the dog has gotten sick.



Speaking of, our dog has a vet visit today. He was also sick overnight, and it doesn't look really good. We are praying that it's just a reaction to some medication he was put on recently, but we'll find out.

Miss K is loving it; every "sick day" or "snow day" we have movie time in the morning, and she gets to sit on the couch with her (dry) Cheerios and munch while we watch TV. It's a special treat, and keeps her from harrassing her brother too much when he's not feeling well.

No comments: